Saturday 14 May 2011

Extruder with Filament guide - now working.

After my little error on the Bowden extruder caused my filament to slip off the drive wheel  I have remade the idler with a guide and now it's working really well -

On the left is the original, the filament slips off.
On the right is a new design with washers to stop filament drift.

It will be really nice when I can print these sort of upgrades rather than getting out the file and drill.

Installed on my Extruder.


This worked well and allowed me to print a few calibration cubes to check everything was working.

20 x 20 x 10mm Test cubes with different infill density (1mm, 2mm and 3mm)

The Hot-end in my Bowden extruder has a 0.35mm hole and layers are set at 0.25mm
I'm using Reprap Java Host to generate the Gcode and send to 5D firmware

Size and shape is good, layer stack is smooth, some small bobbles on the corners.

Natural PLA does not look that nice in photographs but I'm really happy how smooth the first cubes turned out.

Time to print something other than cubes now...


Thanks for reading,

Rich.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.